11.02.2010

R.I.P. Rico

My family's cat of 16.5 years, a part of my life for well over half my own time on this earth, has passed away. I hope that in the feline afterlife there are limitless strange and exciting sources of water to drink from, high sunny perches from which to look down on whatever may be of interest, plenty of moist cat food to lick the juice from (and to leave the dessicated husks of which behind) and, of course, a renewed set of balls to employ in the pursuit of the infinite gorgeous female tail that populates that realm.

I shed water for the dead.

I shamelessly stole this photo from my dad's blog. It is my grandmother watching as Rico samples from his favorite water source: a small grove of papyrus in an earthen pot.

1 comment:

  1. His sweet ghost is around the house; last night I got up in the middle of the night and thought he was walking in front of me, but it was only a shadow. I keep expecting to find him waiting out on the porch to come in. The house is emptying...
    Your tribute to him is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete